I can add labels to attachments, but i cannot search for them. Is there any way around when searching? Why is it excluded?

Thomas Wilczek November 9, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Confluence Search Fields

E.g. i have several attachments with the label "fish" but labeltext:fish returns no results.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2015

You have to be careful about the capitalization, you need to search for labelText, not labeltext smile

Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2015

I just saw that you are running Confluence 5.5. It was either Confluence version 5.6 or 5.7 where Confluence attachments were made into ContentEntityObjects (like pages or blogposts), so that might have something to do with it, too.

Thomas Wilczek November 9, 2015

yeah thanks :), the capitalization was the problem... I am also using the latest confluence version but set the wrong label. Nonetheless I am curious to why labelText is not listed under attachments if its searchable?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events