I can add labels to attachments, but i cannot search for them. Is there any way around when searching? Why is it excluded?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Confluence Search Fields

E.g. i have several attachments with the label "fish" but labeltext:fish returns no results.

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Stephen Deutsch Community Champion Nov 09, 2015

You have to be careful about the capitalization, you need to search for labelText, not labeltext smile

Stephen Deutsch Community Champion Nov 09, 2015

I just saw that you are running Confluence 5.5. It was either Confluence version 5.6 or 5.7 where Confluence attachments were made into ContentEntityObjects (like pages or blogposts), so that might have something to do with it, too.

yeah thanks :), the capitalization was the problem... I am also using the latest confluence version but set the wrong label. Nonetheless I am curious to why labelText is not listed under attachments if its searchable?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Thursday in United States

Local Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th

We're looking for participants for another workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sh...

65 views 0 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you