How to use create Subtask Post fuction Edited

My main problem I used this create Sub-Task post fuction in Workflow Under Create button .

My Project  Key -TEP i had taken condition as issue.project.objectkey=="TEP"

Action with issue type-Sub -Task

Problem is when i creating the issue no sub task is created Automatically could please give a solution how get subtask automatically when i create a issue in jira

Create Sub task Problem.png

1 answer

0 vote

Can you confirm that

• the TEP project contains the "sub-task" issue type, 
  • that the issue you are running the transition for is a standard issue type, not a sub-task type?

No Nic they are Sub task type only and that TEP project contains Sub task Issue type

OK, you'll need to look at the logs to see what happens when you try to run that transition

What i have to do with that logs what i can found in that logs

That's the question.  I need to see what the logs say when you try this transition.

log files are showing like this what i have to do nextsubtask failure.png

My guess is that you're trying to run this on a sub-task issue type already.  Which will fail because a sub-task can't be a parent.

iam trying to add for parent issue type to get sub task created automatically and subtask also in the issue type schem which is assigned to the project.

The error you are seeing in the log implies there is no parent issue to attach the sub-task to, which would only happen if the post-function were running on an issue that was not a parent type.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Maarten Cautreels
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: What's your favourite beer/drink

As a Belgian, beer-lover and home brewer, beer is one of my great passions. I love the fact that with just a few ingredients (usually just water, hop and malt) you can create so many different tastes...

285 views 38 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot