How to use Jira when questions come up or additional info is needed

Hi,

we often have the problem that we need additional information for tickets in order to continue or to set them to confirmed. Using @name is great but if the addressed person is not responding it is hard to search for such questions that have no answer yet.

I was wondering if there is a plugin or a way using a custom field to reach the followin goal:

• ask a question to a specific person
  • do not change the current assignee
  • do not change the current state
  • allow to search for such issues and to mark them as "answered" somehow or removing the flag again

More or less a "Needs Info" state in parallel to the workflow. I want to avoid an additional state as this messes up the workflow when it comes to getting back to the originl state. If there is a possibility to change the state in a way that the only transition back is the previous state (without connecting a copy to each state), this might be a workaround, too.

best regards,

Thomas

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Featured Groups

Tuesday tips & tricks: What is the Atlassian Community?

It's officially Tuesday, which means it's officially time for another tip to help you better navigate this space we call the Atlassian Community. 😄 I got a great question from community member, Sa...

100 views 3 7
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you