How to use Jira when questions come up or additional info is needed

seiler_thomas May 17, 2017

Hi,

we often have the problem that we need additional information for tickets in order to continue or to set them to confirmed. Using @name is great but if the addressed person is not responding it is hard to search for such questions that have no answer yet.

I was wondering if there is a plugin or a way using a custom field to reach the followin goal:

• ask a question to a specific person
  • do not change the current assignee
  • do not change the current state
  • allow to search for such issues and to mark them as "answered" somehow or removing the flag again

More or less a "Needs Info" state in parallel to the workflow. I want to avoid an additional state as this messes up the workflow when it comes to getting back to the originl state. If there is a possibility to change the state in a way that the only transition back is the previous state (without connecting a copy to each state), this might be a workaround, too.

best regards,

Thomas

1 answer

0 votes
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2022

Hello @seiler_thomas ,

Were you able to find an answer to this question? What I've done in the past is create a custom field and I name it "Flagged". That field has several options to choose, like "need more info". I set automation using Automation for Jira to look for changes in that field, based on the option selected for that field, it triggers certain actions like email or tagging a certain person. Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer