How to remove the word 'Jira' in email notifications?

Erwin Manuel October 28, 2012

Hi All,

All notifications has a string 'Jira' preppended in the email subject.

How can we remove this? I can see the subject templates and it can only control the subject and issue key.

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2012

Check you're email prefix, its mandatory but can be changed, an a whitespace char is not engouh :)

- https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+JIRA%27s+SMTP+Mail+Server+to+Send+Notifications

Removing entirely is more tricky..

Miroslav Kravec October 6, 2015

Well... could you please provide the tricky solution to remove it entirely? :)

0 votes
vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2012

Hi Erwin,

Yes, this is possible. You need to modify all *.vm files under /atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/email/subject

($issue.key) $issue.summary

TO

$issue.summary

Please note that you require to restart JIRA before the changes to take effect. More info on this: Customising Email Content

Cheers, Vicky.

Erwin Manuel October 28, 2012

Hi Vicky, are you sure with this? I think the sample you gave only removes the "(ACE-11452)" in my sample but not the string 'Jira'?

vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2012

Ups, my bad, Erwin. Please refer to Andy's answers below for the correct answer.

Cheers, Vicky.

shyam sundar January 24, 2016

Hi Viki, is it possible to do the same from admin page ? 

Suggest an answer