How to notify all users if new blog post is posted?

Maksim Pavlov July 25, 2013

I like using confluence blog posts

I know how to make me watcher

But how can i notify everybody on new post?

3 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Christina Schantin [Communardo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2013

Maybe that could be a workaround for you: create a e-mail distribution list with all e-mail adresses of your collegues (often a company have this) and share your blogpost with this e-mail.

3 votes
Jim Lynch July 25, 2013

Create a page called "Latest News" or something. Make everyone a watcher. Whenever you want them to get notified that a new blog post has been made, update the Latest News page with a link to the new blog post.

This means only having to add everyone to a watchlist once.

1 vote
Joachim Ooi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2013

Hi Maksim,

Since you are already aware about how to make yourself a watcher, I can think of 2 more ways where you can notify everybody on new post:

1) Subscribing to Email Notifications of Updates to Confluence Content (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Subscribing+to+Email+Notifications+of+Updates+to+Confluence+Content)

2) Using the RSS Feed Builder (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Using+the+RSS+Feed+Builder)

However, both of these method actually involves the people in your organization to follow a standard practices. Say for Number 1 option, maybe you can share a screen shot with everyone on which space that they would like to be updated.

For number 2 option, you may want to give a sample of how the RSS feed is built and then share it out with everyone.

Maksim Pavlov July 25, 2013

You shure there is no other way to do it?

I can manage space with "Manage watchers" feature, but that means if i got atleast 200 people in my confluense and 10 spaces - that i need to add a user 2000 times (i can't use groups within "manage watchers feature" it's unavilable, and all will recieve notifications if main page changes).

I doubt that all of them would like to spend their time to add themselves to all my spaces, as well...
But thanks for an answer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events