How should I set up trial OnDemand software to apply for an Open Source license?

Thorn Golden October 25, 2014

I'd like to apply for the Atlassian Open Source license for a project I maintain, and furthermore I'd like to be able to use the OnDemand versions of JIRA, Confluence, etc. for it.

The application form states that For OnDemand, please allow 2 weeks for your open source license application to be processed. It also asks to provide publicly accessible URLs for each product I am requesting a license for.

However, the free trial of OnDemand software only lasts 7 days. Is there a different process for requesting OS licenses for OnDemand? If my application is still being processed after 7 days, will I be charged for the OnDemand trial signups?

1 answer

0 votes
Jim C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2014

Hi @Tom Golden,

The 2 weeks period is long end of spectrum. Looking at the sales team queue, it would probably be done in 24-48 hours. Go ahead and sigh up for the OnDemand service and complete the application and they will process it before the end of the 7 day period. In the event that it isn't completed in the 7 days, the OnDemand instance isn't deleted, it's just disabled and can be reactivated without losing any data.

Cheers,

Jim Conaty

Suggest an answer