How do I use jira projects to track third party delivery

Hi.

We are a small resource group using third parties to deliver anything from infrastrcuture (hosting/desktop) to web sites and audit scope.  I would like to be able to track the delivery of these third parties in JIRA as part of my overall project planning.  I'm not sure how to proceed.

Example.

Third Party X will deliver something by a given date.

Following delivery internal resource A will start a new task.

I want internal resource to be alerted once complete.

Also :-

I want to use JIRA to track where a third party has been given an instruction to deliver a feature.  I do not require them to participate in the scrum/kanban but want to see it as an Item in progress assigned to an external resource with a link to a Confluence page (for the specification).

I'm currently not sure how to structure the question to look through the help site.

Many thanks

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

141 views 16 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you