How do I eliminate email notifications for the current user?

Jennifer McVicker March 6, 2015

I want to configure JIRA to not send emails to the person that just made the change.  For example: John Doe is a watcher on Issue 123.  John enters a comment, and because he is a watcher, he receives an email notification of his comment.  I want all the OTHER watchers (plus assignee and reporter) to receive the email notification, but not John, because he obviously knows what he just wrote.  I know this is possible because our notification scheme was previously set this way.  However, the JIRA admin who set up the notification scheme to do that has left the company and somehow the notification scheme got changed a few weeks ago.

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2015

You can configure it under Administration > User Management > User Preferences. See "Notify users of their own changes" property.

This is a global setting and users can override this by navigating to their user profile.

Suggest an answer