How can I change Jira server time?

Mahmudul Anam August 6, 2013

Hi Experts,
I need to change the server time. For an instance if I comment on a issue it shows 6 GMT but I want to change the time to London Time.

How can I change that?

Thanks
Anam

2 answers

0 votes

Hi Mladen,
Thanks for your quick reply.
We are using Jira Version 4.0.2.

1. How can I change the time zone by user specific? The user have limited access to a project (Not Administrative Access)?

2. If question our Jira Version is not supported user specific time zone, how can I change the time zone for all?

Thanks in advance
Anam

0 votes
MB
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2013

Depending on your version of JIRA, you can set the default user time zone (this will be used as a default value when a user is registering an account, which he/she can change to specify his/her own time zone), by going to "administration - system" (in JIRA 6.x it is located on this link: http://localhost:2990/jira/secure/admin/EditApplicationProperties!default.jspa ) under "Internationalization" section.

Keep in mind that each user can edit his profile to set his own time zone.

Hi Mladen, Thanks for your answer, Please see my answer below. Thanks Anam
MB
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2013

1. Take a look here (user time zones are not present prior to JIRA 4.4): https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+4.4+Release+Notes

2. Go to administration - system and find a place where to edit your JIRA configuration. There should be a setting for the Time Zone which you can set.

Suggest an answer