Hot to set/create component based notifiction scheme?

I have a project which has multip subprojects. Each sub-projects are handles by different team/groups.

I want to setup one single project because all these subproject share the same workflows, field, screens etc.

However, I have a requirement to define different notification scheme to each sub-project meaning people of group1 see notification to issues which are only related to sub-proj1 (not any other sub-proj2).

Thanks in advance!

3 answers

0 vote

Notification schemes are done at a project level, not component.

You can do it, but you'll need some code -(without code, the answer is "split the projects up). You'll need to change the notification scheme so that it doesn't send mail on the events you want to behave differently and then find or write a listener that will capture those events, scan the issue to work out where to send the mail and send it.

You could define different groups for your subprojects, than add a Group picker field to your screens and select the corresponding group for each issue. Finally set up your notification scheme to send mails on whatever event to the members of the group within this field.

Would that help?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Louis De Jaeger
Posted yesterday in Off-topic

Friday fun: your best joke

Hi all Lets make this Friday fun really fun and post one (or more) of your best jokes! The joke can be about an Atlassian product, or just a really fun joke you want to share! I’m not the best j...

107 views 5 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot