Getting too many emails from Atlassian Answers

Andrew DeFaria October 29, 2014

All of a sudden today I'm getting a bunch of emails from noreply@altassian.com in what looks like notification email abut each and every post made here. It's from a bunch of issues here that I have not subscribed to and really do not wish to see the emails of. How do I turn it off?

2 answers

1 vote
Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2014

Andrew,

Are you following any particular components or topics, such as "JIRA?" If so, you may want to go "unwatch" those topics. You can find the topics you're watching by navigating to the "Topics" link towards the top of the page.

0 votes
Andrew DeFaria October 30, 2014

Turns out I was watching the JIRA topic 'cept I never turned that on! Does that get turned on simply because I post something about JIRA or mention it as a keyword?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2014

Generally something will pop up after you post an answer or topic that asks if you want to watch it. Its semi-confusing, since at the time one might think the popup is implying that you are watching the Question, not the entire topic!

Andrew DeFaria October 31, 2014

Might be but as I said, I didn't click "Hey watch this" on anything. Strange.

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 31, 2014

Definitely strange. I know some of the followed or tracked tags from the old site carried over as these followed topics. If you had an old account, that may have happened during the migration.

OK, this is enough! I'm now getting tons of emails on the topic of "Why has no one sued Atlassian for software that fails constantly" a thread to which I posted one comment. I now click on the links in these emails hoping to get back to these threads about this topic and find the button that says "Turn this fucking thing off" but I can't! Whenever I go to any of the links I get "Question not found". WTF?!? Stupid. Now I'm forced to filter email from noreply@atlassian.com. Great....

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 31, 2014

Does clicking the "unwatch" button work? I'm curious if Notification in "Answers" is based on who's watching, rather than who simply replied.

But there is no unwatch button! Let me recap. Somehow the watch button got selected for the whole JIRA topic (IIRC). I did turn that off. But I still was getting email fro this one topic. I don't know why. And I can't seem to go back to this individual topic to even see if there's some unwatch button there because when I click the link to go there it say "Question not found". What I suspect happened is a flurry of activity on the topic then somebody at Atlassian shut it down. I don't know but this is a total waste of my productive time!

Suggest an answer