Getting "An error occurred while trying to contact JIRA"

Hi. I am trying the free trial of Jira On-Demand. I want to log in as the administrator to start building a project and adding users, but get the following when I log in:

An error occurred while trying to contact JIRA

any suggestions?

thanks

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

It looks like JIRA 6.0.1 skips the Admin login confirmation (the dialog that is displayed whenever you select Administratrion -> User Management, for example) when you select Projects -> Create Project from the primary menu bar. If I try to create a project once I have received "temporary access to administrative functions", the create project function works as expected.

just to clarify - it seems i have logged in, and see the dashboard, but can't seem to do any of the admin stuff.

Timothy Chin Community Champion May 17, 2013

Any screenshots?

I just got help from Alassian support. They don't know why it happened but the problem was that for some crazy reason, the main account i was using wasn't given admin access.. Although they said they'll continue to research why it happened, i'm all set now. . thanks!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

129 views 16 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you