Enabling new workflow not possible

Hans-Hermann Hunfeld October 11, 2012

Dear all,

although i tried several times to enable a new workflow to our projects i didn t succeed.

First i copied the standard workflow into a new one HPR Standard and added a status Testing including transitions. As the next step the according projects have been enabled to use this workflow and i also configured the different issue types to also use this schema, but in the frontend i wasn t able to push any issue to this new status.

Several times i tried to follow step by step the documentation, but the problem is that there seems no manual available which includes a click-by-click from the scratch!

Can anybody provide me such kind of help as i assume that more people than me have asked this kind of question!?

Many thanks!

Hans-Hermann

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2012

Could you step us through exactly what you have set up, in Jira language?

For example, it sounds like you have created a new workflow with a new status in it. But "enabled projects to use this workflow" is not precise. Normally, to do that, you have to create or amend an existing workflow *scheme* so that at least one issue-type is set to use the new workflow, and then you have to migrate the project(s) over to use the new scheme. Is that what you have done here?

If that is the case, then can you check the following:

1. The workflow scheme says something like "For bugs, use new workflow"
  2. The workflow scheme is correctly associated with the project
  3. You are working with an issue of the right type (in line 1 above, that would be a "bug")
  4. Finally, go back to the workflow and have a look at the transitions into the new status - specifically, check that they go FROM the current issue status to Testing, and then that your user account matches ALL of the "conditions" that are on the transition
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2012

Also check if you click the "view workflow" link on the view issue screen. Do you see your new workflow? If not, then you did not associate the new workflow with the project or issue type.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA051/Configuring+Workflow

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA051/Activating+Workflow

Suggest an answer