Does Atlassian offer any kind of test scripts or guidance on how to perform functional (not performance) tests against JIRA?

When I as administrator install JIRA, I subsequently have to rely on knowledgeable users to verify that the upgrade is successful. Do you have scripts we can run or guidance on how to test JIRA's functionality following an in-place upgrade?

I've seen the docs talking about verifying database integrity and checking connections to mail servers and such. That is not what I'm talking about.

It would be ideal if there were a script that would create issues and transition them through their workflows, for example, to verify that project workflows and issue type mappings are intact.

Surely, someone has asked for or developed such tests?

Thank you for your time and consideration!

-Luis

3 answers

1 accepted

The answer is, No. You can write your own tests with tools like GINT or Selenium.

GINT - Groovy Integration Test Framework can be used to write a JIRA test script. However, I don't have a good JIRA example at the moment.

Atlassian responded to my support ticket as follows:

Yes, customers have asked about this in the past. But as it turns out, as of today we don't have a set of scripts to test upgrades like that.

What we recommend is setting up a staging instance and test things manually.

I am not sure if that could help, but there is a book that mentions some upgrade tests on it's summary: Practical JIRA Administration (http://my.safaribooksonline.com/book/databases-and-reporting-tools/9781449309701).

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

184 views 4 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you