Developer License Question

Mario Johnson November 8, 2012

I have recently created a new staging instance of Confluence. When the staging instance is created using the developer license it copies the production instance. Our production instance currently is licensed for 500 users. I would like to test out some apps/macros, however, a lot of macros allow free testing if the license is less than or equal to only 10 users. The problem that we are having is that our license is for 500 users. Is there any way to have the license for your staging environment dropped to 10 so that we can install and test some of these apps?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2012

Its plugin vendor specific, but is such a common need you should be able to approach plugin vendors and ask for a license that works for Developer licensed instances (assuming you have installed a developer license - via my.atlassian.com, for your test instance, rather than a 'production' license dual install?) This then would allow you to do the requisite testing /evaluation. Thats what I support, Im sure others do the same. You can always ask vendor specific questions here on answers...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events