Creating a Project Category

mike whitehurst August 4, 2011

Hi!

Please can someone tell me how to create a Project Category in JIRA? I'm trying to organise a development work in the following way....

Project Category = Project Management
Project = Dev Project #1
Issues = Issues
Sub Tasks = Sub Tasks of the issues above

Also, are there limitations on how many Project Categories you can have as I woudl like to repeat this for 5 / 6 different Project Categories?

Thanks,
Mike

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sergey Markovich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2011

In Administrator interface go to Projects section and select "Project Categorues".

There in "Add project category" box give a new category name, e.g. "Project Management" and description.

Afterwards you'll need to assign this project category to each project you want to be in this category.

0 votes
Ranganath HV April 9, 2015

Hi @mike whitehurst,

There is no limitations of creating project category.

You can create as many as you want. But you can associate only one category for 1 project.

Ex:- You have 2 Project Category's = 1. Project Management 2. Project Development.

You can associate only one category for your Project = Dev Project #1.

i.e, Project = Dev Project #1 and Project Category = Project Management or Project Development.

Thank You!

Rangs

Suggest an answer