It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Creating a Project Category

Hi!

Please can someone tell me how to create a Project Category in JIRA? I'm trying to organise a development work in the following way....

Project Category = Project Management
Project = Dev Project #1
Issues = Issues
Sub Tasks = Sub Tasks of the issues above

Also, are there limitations on how many Project Categories you can have as I woudl like to repeat this for 5 / 6 different Project Categories?

Thanks,
Mike

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

In Administrator interface go to Projects section and select "Project Categorues".

There in "Add project category" box give a new category name, e.g. "Project Management" and description.

Afterwards you'll need to assign this project category to each project you want to be in this category.

Hi @mike whitehurst,

There is no limitations of creating project category.

You can create as many as you want. But you can associate only one category for 1 project.

Ex:- You have 2 Project Category's = 1. Project Management 2. Project Development.

You can associate only one category for your Project = Dev Project #1.

i.e, Project = Dev Project #1 and Project Category = Project Management or Project Development.

Thank You!

Rangs

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Off-topic

Friday Fun: Virtual dance party!

Do dance parties help you relieve stress? How about *virtual dance parties*? My team holds virtual dance parties to brighten the mood of a tough day or celebrate an upcoming weekend.  Want t...

150 views 21 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you