Changing custom field type

Patrick Andries May 24, 2016

I have followed the first suggestion (using a CSV import) but I face a number of issues with this. First, it states that an empty Summary field must be imported in order to keep the original one. However, the import process does not allow me to import an empty summary field. Second the same Key should be used. However, from the list of available fields the "Key" field is not listed.
End result is that instead of updating the existing issue, a new one is created which obviously is not what I need. I'm using version 6.4 of Jira. What am I doing wrong??

1 answer

0 votes
Valerie Liarikos May 25, 2016

If you go to Admin>Issues you will see Custom Fields. You can create it from there then go to Field Configuration to configure the custom field as you want to. Once you have the field you can add it to the screen you want to. 

Patrick Andries May 25, 2016

Thanks for the feedback, but that's not the point I was making. I have an existing customer field (Unique regex) that I want to change to a regular text field. I followed the CSV process as described in the document but that does not seem to work.

In the meantime I have solved the issue by using the JIRA ScriptRunner which has a built-in script that allows you to copy data from one custom field to another one. In the end that is what I needed.

Suggest an answer