Can I import html and rtf documents into confluence?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Import a Word Document into Confluence

Ask your question here...

3 answers

2 votes
Stephen Deutsch Community Champion Apr 26, 2016

This is actually even better supported on Confluence Cloud through this addon:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.pandocconnect/cloud/overview

I've been struggling with this as well. The 'import Word doc' will actually also process an HTML doc. The main problem I've run into with this approach is that nested tables lose their opening TABLE tag, which breaks the table layout.

I just tried the Pandoc solution posted by Stephen and found that also will load an HTML file. On my test file, nested tables work, but tables with a header column lose their 'class=wrapped' attribute, as well as some of the other styling constraints. Better than losing the nested table structure altogether, but still not ideal.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Agile

What is ChatOps? A guide to its evolution, adoption, and significance

I am the product of AIM. I can hear that door swinging open and closed in my mind with absolute fidelity. I’d recognize that ding anywhere. At 15, as I typed away into AOL IM, I never imagined that ...

26 views 1 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you