Bulk operation question

Rumceisz November 21, 2012

Hi All,

is it possible to change standard issues to subtasks in a bulk operation?

Or creating bulk issues?? So I mean a lot of issues in the same time.

We need to change 100+ issues to subtasks.

Thanks,
Rumi

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2012

Hi,

I have idea about creating bulk issues, but I dont know whether it can be done using UI but we can do it using REST script. you can create your own REST script either in JAVA, python or perl etc.. Then run your script for bulk issue creation.

Hope it helps.

Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2012

I have not worked in it, but I think this can be done. I think the conversion from issue to sub task can be done using REST, if you are able to do, then doing it as bulk is not a matter.

Hi Nitram,

thanks for the help!

I never heard of the REST, can you please give me more details?

Thanks in advance,

Rumi

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 21, 2012

Actually, coverting an issue to subtask is not a single step. It involves selecting a parent issue, changing workflows in many cases, updating fields etc. I don't think this can be done via REST and I haven't seen a plugin doing this in bulk.

If the workflow and fields are same and parent is known, you might be able to get away by just setting those fields directly but certainly not advised as a long term solution.

and what about standard issues?

How is REST working?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 21, 2012

Doing what on standard issue?

Suggest an answer