Automatic creating of Subtask under a specific ParentIssue using the a emh properties-file

Peter Hammer January 17, 2012

I'm using Jira also as helpdesk for internal IT problems, where our colleagues can send E-Mail to create Jira-Issues, which is working. Now I want these issues being created as a Subtask under a specific parent issue. I have tried use "parentIssueKey=IT-1" in the configuration file for EMH, which does not work. Is there another possibility?

Excerpt from my proprieties file:

##
## Global Defaults
##

#Test
parentIssueKey=IT-1

# Mandatory entry
defaultIssueType=Task #or =Subtask?

# Mandatory entry
defaultPriority=major

# Mandatory entry
defaultIssueLinkType=relates

# If set, will be used as subject text, the reduce risk of unwanted issue rejections
defaultSummary=IT-Helpdesk

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2012

Scuse late repy, just reviewing tags.

The only way to make something a subtask is to use a Directive, but these are only applicable within the context of an Email, eg Subject, eg Body. They cannot be used as Configuration Options. Ie it can't be done.

The case for always adding incoming mail as a subtask of another issue isnt a common one, and hasn't yet been implemented in the 1.0.x release either, but routing to a specific project/component has.

Suggest an answer