Apply heading level to expand macro title

Cheryl Schmelzer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2013

How can I apply a heading level to the expand macro title so that it will appear in a table of contents. I am using the documentation theme in Confluence 5.1.1. Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2013

Hi Cheryl

You should try this trick -

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Expand+Macro?focusedCommentId=301663173#comment-301663173

Overall - that page also has a bunch of questions/comments similar to yours - and in general, no, I do not believe you can use one of the headers formats. But above is a workaround.

Hope that works.

Ellen

Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 12, 2013

Well, we try..

Great to hear about new position and looks like good new challenges too. Great for you! :) Congrats!

Shawn Wilson June 29, 2017

That link doesn't have any comments (anymore). Where can I find the workaround?

Ben Larson August 11, 2017

I'm interested in this subject too.  Can't find any workaround either.  Please advise.

Eliot Cole April 19, 2018

Also interested! :)

Joshua Raine September 4, 2018

Was interested too, so I checked out the page in the Wayback machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20150911155405/https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/expand-macro-223222352.html

I'm assuming it's the comment by Dhyana Scarano on 8 Jun 2011. Given comments on that one, it looks like the workaround might have been broken since v4, but sadly the content of the code used isn't available in the WBM.

I'd be very interested to hear from anyone who's had luck with other approaches.

Murad Khan May 24, 2019

Hello, I am interested in having my Expand macro headings appear in a table of contents as well, but cannot click the link that has the solution. Any help?

Like sebastian-t likes this
2 votes
Cheryl Schmelzer
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 12, 2013

Thank you, Ellen. I should have known that you (or someone from AppFusions) would get back to me. It appears that your organization in very active out here. I'll check out the link to see if it will help me. BTW - I am in a new position in a new company. Just starting up a Confluence instance.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events