Any way to show text on system dashboard?

Tommy Bergeron November 13, 2012

Hi

My JIRA is opened to the public, so I'd need to show them some instructions in a gadget somewhere but I can't find a way to do it.

I read that the text gadget from the download version is disabled for security purposes but I'd need another way, I must show information to my users and I don't want to use the big announcement banner that shows all the time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks and have a nice day!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2012

You can enable the text gadget if you want. Or maybe modify the "introduction" gadget to show the instructions to users.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2012

Oh, onDemand. You can't enable the text gadget then! You should still be able to modify the introduction.

I added it from system dashboard configuration (in admin) and there's no edit in the menu only minimize, delete :-/ thanks

It's not there on the OnDemand version :-/ Is it normal? Thanks

EDR EDR March 13, 2014

It's editable from System > General Configuration

Suggest an answer