Anonymous Comments

VINCENT KURUTZA December 12, 2012

Hello:

I have recently made a few permission changes but now there are comment in the JIRAs by Anonymous.

How can I fix this? I need to see the user names as before.

This was of no help BTW - https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/53948/anonymous-made-changes-in-change-history-jira-4-0-2

thanks,

Vincent

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2012

The answer you refer to is still correct, and there's not a lot to add to it - you have allowed anonymous access, and someone has used it (either in the UI or via a script or post-function)

It's too late to "see the user names as before", the comments made are not tracked, because you allowed it at the time.

If you have some form of url logging enabled, you might be able to establish who made what comment by matching time and url, but that's quite a long slog and you'll need to correct it in the database.

To prevent more anonymous comments, you need to fix the permissions so that comments can NOT be made by "anyone" - check the list of groups who can comment on the issue. Force it to be a project user - in fact, anything except "anyone" will do - for a user to match a permission (other than "anyone"), they MUST be logged in so Jira can match them.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2012

Sorry, I forgot, but your screenshot reminded me - you also need to check the "conditions" on your workflows. If there are none, then anyone can go through a transition anonymously. Add conditions to prevent this.

Thanks for the reply, I found the issue. The user was not signed in.

I moved all my permissions to Group (users), Anyone is not good to use one bit!

thanks!

0 votes

See screen shot.

Suggest an answer