Anonymous Comments

I have recently made a few permission changes but now there are comment in the JIRAs by Anonymous.

How can I fix this? I need to see the user names as before.

This was of no help BTW -

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote

The answer you refer to is still correct, and there's not a lot to add to it - you have allowed anonymous access, and someone has used it (either in the UI or via a script or post-function)

It's too late to "see the user names as before", the comments made are not tracked, because you allowed it at the time.

If you have some form of url logging enabled, you might be able to establish who made what comment by matching time and url, but that's quite a long slog and you'll need to correct it in the database.

To prevent more anonymous comments, you need to fix the permissions so that comments can NOT be made by "anyone" - check the list of groups who can comment on the issue. Force it to be a project user - in fact, anything except "anyone" will do - for a user to match a permission (other than "anyone"), they MUST be logged in so Jira can match them.

Sorry, I forgot, but your screenshot reminded me - you also need to check the "conditions" on your workflows. If there are none, then anyone can go through a transition anonymously. Add conditions to prevent this.

Thanks for the reply, I found the issue. The user was not signed in.

I moved all my permissions to Group (users), Anyone is not good to use one bit!

See screen shot.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Jason Wong
Published Tuesday in Agility Beta

Welcome to agility

Every team in the world is unique, and so   Atlassian believes   that each and every team's best way of working  needs to  be molded to their unique circumstances  – ...

418 views 6 16
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot