confluence 6.3 user click People then Oops-an error has occurred

My confluence server is confluence5.1 update 6.3 .There is a lot of data in my server 5.1. After update the server ,I signed in. I click the people on the page.But It  is error.

error1.pngerror2.pngThank you very much!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Nov 03, 2017

We ended up discovering two database related issues that were preventing the upgrade from completing. The two issues we ran into were 1) duplicate users in the database and 2) content associated with users that were not in the database.

After cleaning up the database with SQL queries, we ran the userIndexingUpgradeTask from

<base_URL>admin/do-force-upgrade.action

For your production upgrade you plan to clean up the database ahead of time so the upgrade task will run with the rest of the upgrade, rather than manually afterward with the admin/do-force-upgrade.action.

0 vote

Hello Mengxing,

Can you please first try reindexing Confluence and let us know if you still have the error?

Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

yes,I reindexed confluence .But it has the error still.

Thanks Mengxing!

I'll need some logs from you so I am going to go ahead and create a ticket in our support system. Check your email in a few minutes. :)

Kind Regards,
Shannon

I am so sorry that I install  confluence 5.1 then update to 6.3 ,but failed .So I don't give logs to you. When I update to 6.3 ,and the confluence start . But it can't start .The page show error.

Today , I update  confluence from 5.1.3 to 6.4.0 ,clicking the people that error reappeared. I don't know that my server have 4 user directory , remote from jira , 2 ldap , confluence Internal Directory. Some user belong to group jira-users , alse belong to group confluence-users. I reindex that log have error .I will send a email to you.Please help me that what to do .

Hi Mengxing,

I received the logs from your colleague in the case we created. I'll follow-up with you there, and we can post the ultimate resolution here, okay?

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

89 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you