Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find detailed documentation for the Gantt chart of the chart from table macro?

gabriel_gori November 6, 2019

I cannot find any detailed documentation on how to create, manage and style the Gantt charts that can be generated using the Chart from table macro in Confluence 6.15.2

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2019

Hi @gabriel_gori

In addition to @Leo's answer, there is a post describing Gantt chart.

Hi @Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_ ,

The post you've mentioned is where I got inspiration to create my Gantt, unluckily I don't see the same interface. As I replied to @Leo  maybe is due to the Confluence version.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2019

As far as I see, you are using Confluence built-in Chart macro but referencing to documentation on Chart from Table macro (Table Filter and Charts app). If you do not have Chart from Table macro in your Confluence, you need to install this app to get it.

gabriel_gori November 7, 2019

Ok, this is the issue. I was trying to use the built in 'Chart' macro which is really basic and has no features like the ones provided by Chart from Table macro (Table Filter and Charts app). 

Thanks for your help!

gabriel_gori November 7, 2019

@Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_ , @Leo ,

Do you know if there is a way to add milestones (stars, dots, squares, whatever kind) to a Gantt chart created using the built-in 'Charts' macro?

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2019

As far as I know, milestones are not available there, only task progress.

2 votes
Leo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2019

Hi @gabriel_gori

This page from stilsoft may give you some ideas, where they documented about Chart from Table macro

Regards,

Leo

Hi @[deleted] ,

Thanks for the link. I've already seen it but on the macro I cannot find the fields 'Labels Column' and 'Values Column' there is instead only one field called 'Columns' with the following description "Comma separated list of column names or numbers (starts from 1) in the macros body to use as chart data".

In order to make the macro work I need to put two comas (,,) before the column indexes but I don't understand why. (source https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/chart-macro-163415075.html)

I would like to add milestones, some descriptions, etc. Maybe it's just not possible with the version of Confluence I'm using.

Regards,

Gabriel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events