Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receive Error when attempting to publish a page in Edit mode Unable to communicate with server...

Cindy Sobus May 22, 2018

Unable to publish page in edit mode, or to insert an image and try to save.  Error "Unable to communicate with server.  Saving not possible at the moment."  

3 answers

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2018

This article describes a similar error when an MS SQL issue occurs. Please check whether this is relevant to your case:

Saving Page Throws Unable to Communicate with Server message when using MS SQL database

Cindy Sobus May 30, 2018

Thank you, started reviewing this article and don't think if it applies we are running Cloud version instead of server version of Confluence. 

I should have specified that in my original question.    I have oepned a support issue.  Appreciate the feedback. 

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2018

I am surprised to hear you are seeing that error in Cloud as it is usually infrastructure related. Opening a ticket for Cloud support is definitely the right move. Best of luck!

0 votes
Cindy Sobus May 30, 2018

Thank you, but that didn't work for us.   Appreciate the feedback, and will keep that in mind for future reference.

0 votes
Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2018

Try removing colored text from the page. See if it works. 

I remember not too long ago atlassian reported an issue saving pages with colored text due to some syntax issue they were working on. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events