How to add label to a text?

Andrei Li January 28, 2018

I want to make a table of content based on label. But I can't find the label function in Confluence. 

I tried everything, read tutorials but there is no picture or video how to do it.

I found labels on Lynda and there is a field in a video but there is no such a field at my version on Confluence. I am running latest server version of Confluence.

Please, help.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2018

The labels "field" appears when you click on the labels tag icon at the top of the page next to the name.  Could you show us what you see there?

I have found it but it labels only a page. I want to label selected text.

I tried to select text and click label and then add a label but labeling applies only to the page not to selected text.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2018

Yes, that's correct, labels apply to pages, not bits of text.

You can comment on text from the page view, but labels are for pages.

Thank you, Nic!

I thought that I am blind or something.

My task is easy I want to make a table of content of the page.

By any chance do you know how to make it?

I tried anchors but there is no macros that make a table of content using anchors.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2018

Use the table of contents macro.   It does it automatically.

0 votes
Domenico Manzo _Actonic_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2018

Tiy can use Table of Contents Macro - https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/table-of-contents-macro-182682099.html

Pay attention you should have "heading" elements to build TOC.

Andrei Li January 29, 2018

It has worked!

Great!

Many thanks to Domenico and those who answered.

0 votes
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2018

Hi,

Could you share an example table of how you'd like it to look and be structured? It's not entirely clear to me what you are looking for.

Best,

Maarten

Here is my edit page. I want to add a label to selected text.

2018-01-28_16-47-46.png2018-01-28_16-48-54.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events