Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Automation rule to get on-call user

Raul Gongora October 8, 2021

Hi there,

I need to find a way to get the user who is on-call (Opsgenie) and use it in a Jira automation rule for a specific notification use case.  I only want to notify through an automation rule only to the user of the team who is on-call.

Any ideas.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Brennan Kiely
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2021

Hi Raul,

Could you provide a bit more info about your workflow and use case here? Do you want Jira to reach out to Opsgenie via an Automation rule to find an on-call user, then notify that user via Jira? It sounds like a better option would be to create an Opsgenie alert via a Jira integration and have the notifications handled by the Opsgenie side to notify the on-call user.

https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/integrate-opsgenie-with-jira/

-Brennan

Raul Gongora October 20, 2021

Thanks Brennan.  Indeed, I want Jira to reach out to Opsgenie via an Automation rule to find an on-call user, then notify that user via Jira.

Brennan Kiely
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2021

Gotcha. Yeah, you'll want to use a Jira integration to create an Opsgenie alert to notify a user from Opsgenie for this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events