Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a schedule/rotation for a team with part-time members (4d/w)

Wouter van der Toorren
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 5, 2024

I have a team with engineers that work part-time, 4 days a week and also engineers that have a day off bi-weekly.

How do I configure a schedule and rotations for this situation

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mubeen Mohammed
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2024

Hello @Wouter van der Toorren 

Thank you for contacting the Atlassian Community!

Configuring an Opsgenie schedule for a team with part-time engineers who work 4 days a week, as well as engineers who have a day off bi-weekly, requires setting up custom rotations that accommodate each engineer's availability. This is possible with creating Two Rotations under the schedule, one for each category of the users.

Add Rotation for Part-time Engineers

- Assign the engineers who work 4 days a week to this rotation.

- Set the rotation type to "Weekly" and specify the days they are available. For example, if they work Monday to Thursday, select these days.

- Define the coverage period for each engineer.

Add another rotation for engineers who have a day off bi-weekly.

- Assign the relevant engineers to this rotation.

- Set the rotation type to "Custom" to accommodate their unique schedule.

- Define a bi-weekly rotation period, specifying which days of the week they are available. You can configure this by setting up two-week interval patterns and specifying their off days (e.g., if they are off every other Friday, you can set that in the pattern).

By following these steps, you can set up an Opsgenie schedule that accommodates both part-time engineers and those with bi-weekly day-offs, ensuring smooth and effective on-call coverage for your team.

I hope this is helpful. If you are facing any further issues with the configurations you have tried, then please reach out to the support team at https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ so the configurations can be further validated.

Regards

Mubeen Mohammed

Cloud Support Engineer

Wouter van der Toorren
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 9, 2024

Thanks you! That was what I was looking for.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events