Done stories not getting automatically archived

Gemma Wooden December 11, 2018

Hi,

I have a Kanban board setup in next-gen JIRA and I was expecting done stories to be archived once they've been complete for 14 days however this doesn't seem to be happening.

I've checked the boards of other teams within my department and theirs are working as expected but all boards were setup the same way.

Is there anything I should check that might explain why done stories are hanging around in the done column for longer than 14 days?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2018

Couple of things to check:

• Are the 'Done' stories actually marked as resolved?  Despite the status being set to Done, you also need to make sure the Resolution field is being set.
  • Check the board config (or get an Admin of the board to) and make sure that the "Hide completed issues older than..." value is set to 2 weeks.
Gemma Wooden December 11, 2018

Hi Pete,

All stories are marked as resolved.

I can't find the "hide completed issues older than" setting. Speaking to all other PMs here, none of them have any rules set to archive issues after 2 weeks however I believe this is an automatic setting in the new version of JIRA so shouldn't need to be set anywhere?

Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2018

It's in the board config, at the bottom of the 'General' section:

Capture.PNG

Edwin Allan August 14, 2019

not in next-gen it isn't

Suggest an answer