Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use automation rules to update the assignee?

Geoffrey Cooper October 11, 2019

Jira Cloud. Multiple project service desks. Relatively new to the automation section. I'm trying to figure out an automation rule that will set the the Assignee to unassigned when an issues is moved from one service desk project to another. Is this a field that can be modified with custom automation rules?

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2019

Hi Geoffrey,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

It’s possible to set an assignee to unassigned when moving an issue using an add-on, since on Service Desk built-in automation there is no trigger for that.

You can use the add-on Automation for Jira (if you move less than 300 issues a month, you can use the free version). 

Screenshot 2019-10-11_17-50-55-451.png

Regards,
Angélica

Geoffrey Cooper October 11, 2019

Unfortunately, an add-on is not going to be an option for me. Is there a way through Jira automation?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2019

Jira automation does not have a trigger to run when an issue is moved, that's why it would be necessary to use an add-on, otherwise, the best option would be manually set the issue as unassigned before moving.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events