using JEMH to move from Zendesk

Lisa Reilly September 2, 2013

Hi there

I would like to use JIRA instead of Zendesk for customer support, we currently use it for projects and development tracking

Is it possible to use JEMH to bulk upload a Zendesk export to JIRA while maintaining attachments and comments from Zendesk?

2 answers

0 votes
Anthony Hornby March 4, 2015

This would be really useful for us. We are trying to move from Zendesk to JIRA Service Desk now.

Anthony

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2013

Hi Lisa,

There isnt anything in JEMH yet to consume zendesk data, but its certainly possible in the future.

I'm not clear on the separation of data between JIRA and Zendesk, if you are looking at moving the support function to JIRA, are you looking to migrate data over, the comment about maintaining data from Zendesk indicates there is some future there?

Lisa Reilly September 3, 2013

Hi Andy!

Thanks for the speedy reply
Sorry if I wasn't clear - we would not be interested in keeping Zendesk on the go but wouldn't want to lose any data. I know I can export to XML from ZD with my attachments but can't import XML into Jira. By 'maintaining attachments' I just mean not losing any data.
I've been following JEMH updates on Atlassian and see clever ideas about using custom fields for contacts in Jira and so on, which is something we would definitely do. So I'm wondering is there any solution we use JEMH for at present to transfer all our data, not just comments, while keeping information on who made the comment in Zendesk and ticket attachments. Do you reckon this would be possible at all with JEMH or would be soon?
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2013

Thanks, ok, so effectively what this need is a Zendesk importation tool for JIRA, there are already quite a few but not for Zendesk, so it would have to be written. Its not strictly part of what JEMH does, looking at it again, it would likely be a separate product entirely.

Its doable, but takes time, if this is something you think you'd like to sponsor, and you have some test data that could be used, I'd certainly consider putting this up the lis. If interested, drop me an email.

Toby Coe August 2, 2018

I also need to do this. 

Suggest an answer