unable to signin as a user having name, same as a group name

majofrancis April 27, 2015

I tried to login as a newly created user named xyz. There is also a group named xyz. But I am unable to login. First I thought the problem was occuring since there is already a group of the same name as the user. However when I tried the same with other groups I am able to login.

Also if  I used some other user name like xyz_1 or something instead of xyz, it is working fine. And the problem is only with user xyz and group xyz. Could someone pls help me?

(The business wants me to stick with that particular user name)

2 answers

0 votes
majofrancis May 6, 2015

We had a JIRA server restart. After that its working fine. And I cudnt find anything wrong with the logs.. Thanks a lot for your help Teilor 

0 votes
teilor_soares
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2015

Hi Majo.

I just tested this in my local server and worked fine, having the user in the group with the same name or not. What do you see in your log files when this user try to login? You should see a message with more details about the why the user was not able to log in.

Suggest an answer