(solved) Dashboards: Editor privileges do not work (Function since jira 7.12.x)

Tom July 15, 2019

Hello everyone,
since version 7.12 there is the possibility to give another jira user editor rights to a dashboard.

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work or is expected differently from me.
I can't see any editing function on the dashboard.

Anyone with the same problem or an idea?

Greetings

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tom July 18, 2019

Errors in JIRA:
There are problems when using groups.
In this case the jira-administrators which must not be used by normal users. This disturbs the calculation of the rights and the user does not get access.

2nd error: Single users are only resolved as "" in the GUI.

Oleksandr Tynetalo October 15, 2019

Hi Tom,

I have the same problem on v7.13.5. Sorry, but i don't understand, what do you mean under "In this case the jira-administrators which must not be used by normal users"? And how did you solve this issue, because as i see it's not global

Tom October 15, 2019

Sorry to be vague about that.

I meant that dashboards that are to be managed by normal users are not allowed to contain jira-groups.
Normal users are not allowed to add groups to dashboards.
If there are group already inserted, the user cannot make any changes to the dashboard.

Oleksandr Tynetalo October 16, 2019

Hi, i solved my issue). There was interruption of groups in my case. Dashboard was shared for group1 (VIEW) and group2 (EDIT), but user of group2 could not edit dashboard because he was not member of group1.

Have you check the /secure/admin/GlobalPermissions!default.jspa, for Create Shared Objects permission? Also, as i know user can see groups he belongs to

2 votes
maguialahmar June 2, 2021
Michael Rink September 26, 2022

Seems like that is this Bug and it's old and not resolved. We still have the problem :-(

Like maguialahmar likes this
0 votes
Balazs Kiss August 4, 2020

Hi,

We have the same trouble on Server (8.9.0). We add the editor permission for a user and she can't able to edit the dashboard. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Suggest an answer