remove some filter options

Hanae alahcen August 4, 2013

I want to Remove of the options of the issues filter , the possibility to filter the issues by "assigner" is this possible ?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2013

If the assignee field is useless to you as you describe, then hide it in all the field configurations.

Or you can dig into some code and remove it - it's not a change you can make in the UI.

I'm really not sure you want to do this though - the assignee is an integral part of any issue tracker, as it tells you who is supposed to be currently responsible for dealing with an issue. Just my 2p worth though.

em so i can't costumise the options without hidding the " assigner " in all the filds or remove it from the code ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2013

Nope. Although I have a feeling the list of fields in there is controlled by a simple list in a file, I've not looked so I'm not sure.

Emmm i see ,

otherwise do yo uknow about a plug in for issues filtering ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 4, 2013

I'm lost - there's a filter system built into Jira, you don't need a plugin. You're already looking at a filtering system...

i know Nic but i believe if there is a plug in searcher it will offer more costimzation that's all :)

thanks a lot for your answers

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 4, 2013

Ok, but I'm not sure what you'd expect from a new search. A different interface I assume (as there's little wrong with the back end of the searches now)?

to divert the confusion that users encounter with "the assigner"

I received a lot of complaints about it

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 4, 2013

The assignee is the person who should be dealing with the issue. I'm not sure how that is confusing.

0 votes

assigner option create confusion for the user

all issues are assigned to a middle office group that belong to all groups, so when a user filter by group, the sames issues appears when he choose each group, so he believes that the filter does not work so there is no need to keep the option

0 votes

can i costumise the filter options banner ?

Suggest an answer