no duplicate field prefix in detail lines / once in a title

Uwe Speckels January 26, 2020

20200126_134059.jpgHello community,

who has a hint for me?

I have several lines which depends on the same content in a block format e. g. personal informations or bank informations.

I don't want to write always the same prefix in front of the field name. I want to cut the prefix and want to write it once before the block format will start.

How can I do this? What is the right field type? I added an example.

Thank you in advance.

Uwe

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2020

The image looks like a series of separate fields, mostly simple text fields.  I do not understand what you mean by "prefix" as there are no prefixes in your sample data.

Uwe Speckels January 26, 2020

Hi,

every field starts with Personal or Bank.

I want to delete them and bring the fields on top of every  block. Like the right side in my example.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2020

Ah, thank you for clarifying my thinking, I see what you are saying now.

As an administrator, you can rename custom fields.  Go to Admin -> Issues -> Custom fields and work your way through the fields, editing them one at a time to remove Personal and Bank from their names.

For the "block", you can't quite do this with plain Jira, but you could look at

• Separating screens into tabs.  In this case, I'd look at having a Personal tab and a second for Bank.
  • Installing the Jira Toolkit app (it's written by Atlassian and is free).  This gives you "message fields" which put text on screens.  You'll want four I think - "Personal" for the issue view screen, "Personal" for the create and edit screen, and then the same again for "Bank"
Uwe_Speckels January 31, 2020

Thank you for your answer.

I prefered your first solution and it works fine. 

Concerning the 2nd solution it didn't work. We installed it in Jira but the Jira Toolkit app crashed our jira system. Thank God! Only the test system. After a while when we call jira we got a screen with skull and crossbones.

Then we uninstalled the plug-in.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2020

Very strange, the toolkit is one of the most installed apps in the marketplace and I've never heard of it having negative effects like that before.

Suggest an answer