missing Issue types

A user is not getting all the appropriate options for issue type, he should have 12 choices from his Issue Scheme, but he only has 5 choices from the drop-down.

This user appears to be in all the same groups as the other users who see all 12. There is no scheme that has the 5 types in his drop-down.

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi Monica, in order to make sure there is something wrong you have to check if the user is selecting the same project than the others, you have to check if it shows more than this 5 if you start typing the name of other one. You should check in which browser she is working and as @Matheus said check if she in other machine has the same problem.

And you can check too if there's any validation with roles or groups on the create issue transition of the other issue types workflow that denys her the hability to create them.

Hope this helps.

0 vote

Monica,

There isn't anything in JIRA (by default at least) that could make an user not able to see certain issue types... Check if the same user can see this problem in a different machine and test if a different user can see this problem in this user's machine.

Also, as a test, try putting JIRA in safe-mode and see if you have any JavaScript that could be causing this.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,296 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot