jira does not start

William_Orantes June 22, 2020

I can't skip the tour page. At 10 am today Monday 06/22/2020 my jira service desk company site did not work, which caused us to check the server where the site is mounted, and we saw that tomcat was consuming 99% of the server which caused us to restart the service but it did not work again. trying to start it manually I throw the following error:

s\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\dbconfig.xml
2020-06-22 14:21:31,823 JIRA-Bootstrap INFO [c.a.j.config.database.DatabaseConfigHandler] Trying to get encrypted password from xml and decrypt it
2020-06-22 14:21:31,823 JIRA-Bootstrap INFO [c.a.j.config.database.DatabaseConfigHandler] Database password decryption not performed.
2020-06-22 14:21:32,120 JIRA-Bootstrap INFO [c.a.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] Running JIRA startup checks.
2020-06-22 14:21:32,120 JIRA-Bootstrap FATAL [c.a.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] Startup check failed. JIRA will be locked.
2020-06-22 14:21:32,198 JIRA-Bootstrap INFO

2 answers

0 votes
ChandraPrakash August 24, 2022

If you are using any shared home like NFS or EFS, make sure it mounted properly and shared home directory is mentioned in <JIRA HOME DIR>/cluster.properties.

0 votes
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2020

@William_Orantes 

This happens  because the dbconfig.xml file is corrupted.

If  you have a back up then you may try to restore from back up. This is why is good  to have an external backup mechanism most likely you don't  so  check the path  \Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\export  to see whether or not internal back up is enabled.

Could you also show the catalina logs  in <jira_installation_direcory>/logs/catalina.out

we could find more  information.

Best regard,

Moses

Suggest an answer