(issue) Multiple Projects showing on single project view

My company use JIRA for all our projects, spread across multiple offices and teams. Using the Projects or Board drop-down to navigate normally works without issue. 

We've recently had an issue when clicking a from the drop-down shows a board with multiple projects. the URL https://COMPANY.atlassian.net/browse/ABC resolves to https://COMPANY.atlassian.net/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=43&projectKey=ABC

We've managed to fix this by deleting any filters that work across multiple projects, but we're trying to find the root cause. 

any ideas?!

1 answer

0 votes

Boards don't belong to projects, although there is a link for boards that are used for the projects "home" board.

Any board can select issues from multiple projects, even the ones that are tied to a single project.  If the board filter is changed to show many projects, then it will show them.

Thanks for the quick response!

I understand that, but that's the problem - the board filter hasn't changed!

Someone has added a new filter a different board and it's affecting other boards. 

That does not make any sense.  A board will only show issues that selected by its board filter.

There are a couple of thoughts though - if you've been moving issues between projects when they're in a sprint, that might draw them into other boards.  Or your indexing is totally broken.  Also, just to rule it out, these boards are not sharing their filters?

Could you give us the three filters?  i.e.

• The one for the board that is affected by the change, despite not having its filter changed
  • The old filter for the board whos update causes the problem
  • The old filter for the board whos update causes the problem

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,755 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot