how to create sprint for Scrum project

Mandar Mondkar January 23, 2021

I had created a classic scrum project, but when I click on create button, I am unable to create new issues or new sprint.. please advise

3 answers

0 votes
Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2021

Hello @Mandar Mondkar 

If your issue still exists, Can you do the following and tell us what you observe:
1. open a new browser instance

2. login Jira

3. press F12 key (this opens the Browser Developer tools

4. with the Console tab active click the create button and see what the console says.

This will help us understand the issue better.

On the other hand, I would also suggest you check with your Admin if there was any server related reboot which happened recently.

0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2021

Hi @Mandar Mondkar welcome to the Jira Atlassian Community.

I understand that you are unable to create any issues nor Sprint in Jira Classic software. We could assist you if you can share us any screenshot. However, please try below steps:

1. If you are able to create a new project, then you have the board permissions. Try checking in the project setting schemes whether you have access rights to create issues for the project.

2. Access these links that gives more insight and your permissions

https://www.atlassian.com/agile/tutorials/how-to-do-scrum-with-jira-software

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-project-permissions/

If my post address your query, kindly upvote and "accept answer" for the benefit of new members.

0 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2021

Hi @Mandar Mondkar 

Welcome to community.

You can only create an issue from top "Create" button. Can you please share the error?

To create a sprint, please take a look at this article.

Mandar Mondkar January 23, 2021

The issue is that when I click on 'Create' button, it returns nothing... as a result I am unable to create issue or sprints.. please advise.

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2021

Can you please share a screenshot?

Is it a server or cloud version? If it is server, what about the logs? (Jira Home Directory -> Logs -> atlassian-jira.log)

Mandar Mondkar January 24, 2021

It is a free version... cannot attach scrrenshot

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2021

Is it server or cloud? Did you check the logs?

Suggest an answer