how to achieve the multi level text fields?

Requirement :

I'd like two sections for estimates (broken up with a divider). The first section should be called P50 Estimates, and needs two fields: P50 Dev Estimate, and P50 Test Estimate. The second section should be called P90 Estimates, and also needs two fields: P90 Dev Estimate, and P90 Test Estimate.

2 answers

1 accepted

This is achieved by adding four diffrent fields.

0 votes

You haven't bothered to tell us which system you are talking about, or given us much else in the way of describing the field/fields layout or display. Or what you've got now.

Please clarify your question, and in a way that describes what you want properly.

it's Jira 5.2.7 version. we want to create two set of fields(estimate) called P50 and P90 and under P90 again we need to have 2 more fileds called p90Dev and p90Test and same under p50.

bascially i want to divide 4 fileds into 2 sets..

What do you mean by "have field 1 under field 2"? Have you tried working with the standard "cascading select list" yet?

I ask because it's a good baseline - if you test a certain type of field, you can then tell us if it works for you, and/or what it needs to do differently. This is easier than a requirement plucked out of the air with no starting examples.

i have already tested cascading select list and our requirment is almost similar but it we want user to enter the values in the filed and it shouldn't be select list

That's still not enough to work with really. "almost similar" - what needs changing? "enter values" - er, that's what you do with fields. "shouldn't be select list" - ok, but what should it be? You mention text in your question, but that's nonesense when talking about select lists?

Andrei [errno] Community Champion Apr 28, 2013

i guess OP just wants 4 regular text fields with 2 groups of 2 fields displayed side by side. I do not see any logic to apply (if fieldA=xyz" then fieldB="zyx", which would be the case for cascading selects)

Yes, that's one of the things I think it might be, and I'd probably put it at the top of the list of things I think they might be aiming for. But I'm really not sure of the explanations, there's not enough information!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,789 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot