how to Automate workflow transitions based on Customfield?

Prasad Netaji N January 22, 2020
  • I have created one  workflow with several statuses.
  • I have added screen with having custom filed dropdown values to one transition.
  • if i choose one value from custom field i want to automatically move to another status.Please help me what all the posible ways are theire to solve this problem.

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2020

basically you need a “listener” that triggers on the custom field being updated. Here is a thread that might lead you in the right direction.

0 votes
elvir.dzeladin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2020

Hi,

This can be done easily with automation for jira:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215460/automation-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Good luck and let me know if you need help.

I want to do this with script.Please help me

elvir.dzeladin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2020

What do you mean by "script" ?

Do you mean script runner ? 

That's not a basic feature from jira, you are gonna need a plugin

I have script runner plugin.Is it posible to solve above problem?by using post function in jira workflow is posible but i dont no how to do that.Help me 

elvir.dzeladin
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2020

Sorry I am not good enough in scripting. Hope somebody else will help.

Ok 

Suggest an answer