It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

forwarding email to jira does not create a new issue in Jira Edited

We use email to create new issues in Jira but it doesn't work for forwarding emails. I mean when we transfer an email, Jira does not create a new issue.

Do you know why?

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Rachel Wright Community Leader Nov 25, 2019

Hi @Rima_BEDJA, are you sure the forwarded email messages are even making it to the proper email box?  I'd check that and that your mail server isn't blocking the messages (as spam, for example) before they even get to Jira.  I had that problem once.

If that's not the problem, please provide us with some examples of what you're experiencing and the community will be happy to take a look!

Rachel Wright
Author, Jira Strategy Admin Workbook

Hello Rachel, i found the solution. The user who sent the email had never used Jira before (connected)  even if he was in the project. I activated the application for him and it worked.

Rachel Wright Community Leader Nov 26, 2019

Yay!  Glad you found the issue @Rima_BEDJA.  And thanks for posting it here, so others can benefit too!  ;)

Yes, these days, Jira will ignore emails sent from unlicensed Jira users.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you