editing fields

Ankita Sharma March 17, 2015

Hi,

How can I edit the created field in JIRA.

PFA the screenshot of the field to be edited/updated.

Please explain.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2015

You don't.  The created and updated fields are a record of when the issue was created and when it was last updated.  It's a nonsense to edit them.

If you want to record something like "incident date/time" for retrospective logging of issues, then use a custom field to do it

Ankita Sharma March 17, 2015

I wanted to edit its format so that in JIRA it should also show the time when it was created along with the date. In View issue screen, it shows that created as - Yesterday or 5 hours ago etc, there I need to show it with proper date and time format.

shiva kumar April 16, 2015

Hi Ankita, we don't have direct option to change the formats, but we can change those by editing the code (Velocity and JSP files), you can find those files in the installed location.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2015

No, don't do that, it's completely the wrong approach. I'm sorry I missed the original comment - I suspect it was made during one of Answers "don't send any email" failure periods. The comment changed the scope of the question from "I want the ability to destroy information in my system" to "I'd like to display the information differently", which makes much more sense/ To get dates to show as absolutes all the time, change the setting in the look and feel page - look for "date and time" on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Customizing+the+Look+and+Feel

Suggest an answer