disable assign issue operation for non admins in JIRA

Adam Saint-Prix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2012

is it possible to disable the Assign Issue option for non admins and non project admins in JIRA?

This might need to be a speak easy or maybe script runner plugin I'm thinking as typically disabling assign issue means you can't assign anything to anyone.

Has anyone done this with JS, Speakeasy, Script runner or some other solution?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2012

You can set that by goign by editing permission of that project, no? You can set who can assign and who are the assignable users

Adam Saint-Prix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2012

I'll go with that for now. Somehow I remember disabling this made it difficult to get anything done as far as assigning tickets. I need more requirements from the user, but seemed to recall limiting who could assign issues ultimately made things super restrictive, but the permissions do seem to handle this requirement.

Thanks for the reminder.

Adam Saint-Prix
Atlassian Team
April 23, 2012

I remember what the problem is now. The users in this case want to disable the "Assign" Issue operation and force people to assign issues only using the workflow.

The problem is that if you can't use the issue operation, then you can't assign from anywhere including the workflow. That's why I want to just hide the button for certain users. I think this requires one of the solutions I mentioned above, but wasn't sure if there was a documented example we could use.

Suggest an answer