custom field not available after renaming

Celik Vedat January 5, 2018

dear all,

i've renamed a field from "Participants (Beteiligte)" into "Participants". Now none of my filters is working because I get following error:

screen_participants_error.PNGiI did NOT chnage anything else like screen or field configs. I can even see the Field Participants and its value in my issue view..

Anyone had the same error once ?

kr,

vedat

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2018

Hi Vedat,

You'll have to update the filters to use the new custom field name.

thats what i've done. I've updated the fields name within my filters. I still get the error that the field does not exist. doesn't matter if I try it with "Participants(Beteiligte)" or "Participants".

edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2018

Have you reindexed JIRA after the change?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2018

Maybe you renamed the Field from "Participants (Beteiligte)" to "Participants " (with a space at the end)?

I started a re-index, it will take a while... :D

@Udo Brand

i did not because i would show me participants in the search after I tipe "part...."

Celik Vedat January 8, 2018

@edwin

Re-Index did not help.. any further possibilities?

I can choose the field in my filter when I set the columns for my report. But if I want to filter, it says that there isn't such a field called "Participants"...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2018

When you renamed the field, could you have changed the searcher for it accidentally?

I dont think so. Where can I configure the searcher settings?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2018

Go back to admin -> custom fields -> <participants> -> Edit, where you changed the name of the field.  The searcher should be selectable below.  Check that there is one, the field might say "none" if there is nothing selected.

works! thanks a lot !

Suggest an answer