Write current user to field on Move?

Stephen Hayden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2013

Tripping over a few different things as we evaluate the VertygoSLA plugin, though they're not exactly plugin specific. Did you realize for example moving a ticket to a different workflow within a project fires an Update event, rather than a Move? Yeah, me either.

For my actual question, when you move an issue I want to attribute that move to a user for SLA purposes. How can i write that user to a custom field? Using the tokenized option on a user picker during create transition on the recipient workflow doesn't seem to work, so guessing either user error or there's a different way to do it?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Hayden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2013

Absent another solution, we are just going to make people update the ticket once (sometimes unnecessarily) in order to write the current user to a field, prior to moving, cloning + move, or closing the ticket.

0 votes
Stephen Hayden
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2013

Created a ticket with Valiantys and their official stance is more or less 'lol, maybe you should write your own listener'

Wow.

Anyone else have any ideas? I guess my workaround will be an annoying 'acknolwedge' transition to capture the data we need since we can't do it during a move.

Given that response maybe we'll consider other options to recording SLA too.

0 votes
RomainD April 2, 2013

Hi,

I'm Romain from Valiantys.

If you have any issue with our plugin, please, can you create an issue on : https://jira.valiantys.com.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Romain

Stephen Hayden
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2013

For completeness here is the response I got after creating a ticket:

Hi,

Hummn I think you should develop your own listener.
VertygoSLA can't help you dealing with that, sorry!

Romain

0 votes
Stephen Hayden
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2013

Updated title, tossed in some Karma. I have to be doing something wrong or not understanding something. Should the question be simpler... can you have validators/post functions on a Move? Does Move not use the create screen workflow actions? Appears not to? Or will we just need to have a triage/acknowledge step first (bleh) to pre-prioritize a ticket before moving it?

Suggest an answer