Workflow Buttons Not Working

Dan Martin December 29, 2019

Hi all

I have created an issue in my IT Service Desk project on my hosted Server instance of Jira.

However, when I click on anything to do with the workflow, so the View Workflow, Investigate, Pending, Cancel and Resolve buttons. Plus, Assign To Me, I just get the page background darken and a spinning wheel. 

The page never updates, I have to refresh the page to get it back into a usable state.

The actual action I am trying to achieve, for example set the issues status to Investigate doesn't actually then happen.

1 answer

1 vote
Dan Martin December 29, 2019

More information, it seems buttons such as Delete also don't work when viewing an issue.

If I right click and open the link with a new tab, it does work. Very odd!

Nich Hogue
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2019

Just to clarify. When you're trying to use these buttons for transition, you're doing this in the card view? Like you're clicking the issue card and the little preview screen on the right? And then when you open up the issue in a new tab the functions are all working as expected? 

If so that's a bit odd as they're all linked to the same functions it's just a different way to view it. Have you possibly tried clearing cache/cookies, and/or using different browsers?

Suggest an answer