Workday and Jira Integration

이정민 March 17, 2019

Is it possible to integrate Workday and Jira? For example to integrate data / functions from Jira to Workday and vice versa.

2 answers

0 votes
Aidin Mahmoodi _ServiceRocket_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 25, 2023

Hey @Johannes Fürtler 

Did you manage to integrate Workday with Jira? I am keen to understand what product/ connector you ended up using.

Thanks!

Eugen G. October 26, 2023

In case anyone is interested....

• We implemented 'simple BP notifications' to Jira and processing these with Automation in Jira.
    • Basically, the Automation (Jira) grabs the necessary content from the message-body,
    • saves it in variable(s)
    • and utilises the content of these variables in course of further process of the Automation.
    • Afterwards the 'ticket' in Jira is either closed or 'cancelled' accordingly.
  • A parallel approach which we are still working on is the utilisation of Script-runner. Where is the difference compared to the above, one might ask. The idea her is to use REST API calls to Workday and retrieve the info, which is necessary - already pre-formatted (e.g. in JSON). The reason we are not doing it in Automation (JIra) is the fact, that it consumes too much processing time, which has influence on the overall Automation limits per project.

Hope that helps.

0 votes
Siva Kumar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2019

Currently, there are no pre-built connectors.

But you will be able to create tickets in JIRA through mails.

David Emhardt April 29, 2020

We need a way to set working days per individual, via WorkDay or Google calendar, or manually

Rashi Gupta November 24, 2020

Did you get a working solution for your ask. We have a similar use case and wondering what might have worked for you

David Emhardt November 24, 2020

No, I did not. There are no pre-built connections for WorkDay and JIRA. So can not set working days in JIRA from WorkDay

Johannes Fürtler September 21, 2021

Any news? Are there pre-built connectors available already?

Like Daryl likes this
Howard Nedd
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2022

Hi @Johannes Fürtler ,

Currently there is no native or prebuilt connector available as far as I know.

You should keep an eye on this page:  https://automate.io/integration/jira/workday as they have stated that it will be available soon.

Regards
Howard

Amen Teng October 31, 2022

Hi @David Emhardt @Rashi Gupta  @이정민  @Johannes Fürtler ,

I am Amen Teng from ServiceRocket Inc. We are looking at an opportunity to build a Workday - Jira connector. We would like to know more about your use case to shape the product, it would be nice if we can have a chat. 
(p/s: Not sales activities or whatsoever, just pure chatting :-) )

Here is the link to book my time: https://calendly.com/amen-teng/feedback

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer