Work log tab is no longer visible on some issues - how can I get it back?

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2013

We have JIRA 6.0.2 and Tempo 7.7.1.

The Work Log tab in the bottom section and the associated time tracking section on the right is no longer visible on SOME issues. The issues are all in the same project, same issue type, same workflow, same field configuration.

I need to figure out how to get the tab back since it affects our time tracking internal/external financial audits since you cannot see any time tracking/work log history for certain issues.

I've disabled Tempo, reindexed > tab didn't appear.

Since Tempo was disabled, I then went to: UPM > Show System Plugins and enabled View Issue Ops Bar Work Link module under Issue Operations Plugin. We had it disabled since we don't want JIRA log work to collide with Tempo's log work. However, that didn't change anything - it was still hidden.

How can I get the Work Log tab back in the Activity section?

1 answer

0 votes
Michel Barros September 17, 2014

Hi @Karie Kelly,

I don't know if it still a question for you, but, just in case, to restore your work log tab, do the following procedures:

1. log as admin
  2. goto plugins tab
  3. select system (close to filter visible ADD-ONs)
  4. locate Issue Tab Panels Plugin
  5. Expand its modules
  6. locate Work Log Tab Panel module
  7. And, finally, just enable it smile

That's it. Now you have your Work Log Tab Panel back.

Have a great day out there. Best,

Michel

Suggest an answer